More than one billion people around the world live with disabilities — approximately 15 per cent of humanity — but they are excluded from full participation in mainstream society by physical, social, economic and attitudinal barriers. Disability Days and other initiatives organised by the UK Jamat, show that these barriers can be overcome.
Nasir Khusraw was a major Muslim intellectual, philosopher and traveller of the 11th century, and a prominent Shia Ismaili Da‘i. A new digital resource from The Institute of Ismaili Studies makes his famous Safar-nama accessible in a way that it never has been before.
Providence, USA, 10 March 2014 — At a time when technology connects more people than ever before, it can also be a force of fragmentation, warned Mawlana Hazar Imam. He was delivering the 88th Stephen A. Ogden Jr ’60 Memorial Lecture on International Affairs as part of the celebration of the 250th anniversary of Brown University.
Around the world
- Prime Minister of Tanzania inaugurates RAYS OF LIGHT •
- Aga Khan Hospital cancer programme is an important step towards premier healthcare system in East Africa, says Princess Zahra •
- Prince Rahim and Princess Salwa visit AKDN projects in Kenya
- Mawlana Hazar Imam visits Afghanistan •
- Drawing on deep roots, the Aga Khan University reaches far beyond its youthful years •
- Celebrating 30-year milestone, Mawlana Hazar Imam lays out an ambitious future for AKU
- Ismaili Centre, Dubai hosts dialogue on social entrepreneurship •
- RAYS OF LIGHT radiates at the Ismaili Centre, Dubai •
- RAYS OF LIGHT to arrive at the Ismaili Centre, Dubai later this month
- Mawlana Hazar Imam visits Germany •
- Video: Aga Khan Award for Architecture reflective of Portuguese ‘world awareness’ says Mawlana Hazar Imam •
- Mawlana Hazar Imam in Lisbon for the 2013 Aga Khan Award for Architecture