Mawlana Hazar Imam delivered the Ogden Memorial Lecture on International Affairs at Brown University on 10 March 2014 as part of Brown’s 250th anniversary celebrations. More coverage to follow.
» Gallery: Mawlana Hazar Imam at Brown University
» Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in the United States to speak on International Affairs
» Mawlana Hazar Imam to speak at Brown University
Ottawa, 27 February 2014 — Mawlana Hazar Imam delivered a historic address to the Parliament of Canada today. This extended video includes Hazar Imam and his family arriving at Parliament Hill, his meeting with the Prime Minister and the signing of the protocol agreement between the Ismaili Imamat and Canada.
Toronto, 2 March 2014 — Mawlana Hazar Imam granted a rare interview to Peter Mansbridge, the Chief Correspondent of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. The interview, which will be televised on Mansbridge One on One this weekend, can be watched here.
When a severe winter storm forced Ontario residents to cope for days in frigid temperatures without electrical power or heat, Ismaili institutions and volunteers quickly mobilised to support those who were most vulnerable. The Jamat’s strength, support and care for one another kept everyone safe; warmed by the knowledge that no one in the community is ever alone.
Dar es Salaam, 8 February 2014 — RAYS OF LIGHT: Glimpses into the Ismaili Imamat was inaugurated at Diamond Jubilee Hall today by the Prime Minister of Tanzania, the Right Honourable Mizengo Peter Pinda. A Golden Jubilee International Programme depicting the first 50 years of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Imamat, the photographic exhibition also coincides with the upcoming 50th Anniversary of the Union of Tanganika and Zanzibar.
Aga Khan Hospital cancer programme is an important step towards premier healthcare system in East Africa, says Princess Zahra
Dar es Salaam, 27 January 2014 — A new cancer treatment programme at the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam was launched today in the presence of Princess Zahra. Part of a significant five-year expansion of the hospital, it complements a wider effort by the AKDN to establish a high quality, affordable, integrated healthcare system in East Africa.
Three decades is a relatively short period in the history of a university, but the impact that the Aga Khan University has had in its formative years is not to be underestimated. And while the institution may be young, its spirit is far older.
Around the world
- Prince Rahim and Princess Salwa visit AKDN projects in Kenya •
- Kinshasa Jamatkhana and Centre builds on pioneering spirit of Congolese Ismailis •
- “Global Encounters” opens a new window on the world for Ismaili youth
- Mawlana Hazar Imam visits Afghanistan •
- Celebrating 30-year milestone, Mawlana Hazar Imam lays out an ambitious future for AKU •
- Mawlana Hazar Imam receives warm welcome from the Government of Pakistan
- Ismaili Centre, Dubai hosts dialogue on social entrepreneurship •
- RAYS OF LIGHT radiates at the Ismaili Centre, Dubai •
- RAYS OF LIGHT to arrive at the Ismaili Centre, Dubai later this month
- Mawlana Hazar Imam visits Germany •
- Video: Aga Khan Award for Architecture reflective of Portuguese ‘world awareness’ says Mawlana Hazar Imam •
- Mawlana Hazar Imam in Lisbon for the 2013 Aga Khan Award for Architecture