As we prepare to commemorate Mawlana Hazar Imam’s birthday, TheIsmaili.org is pleased to offer its Salgirah greeting eCard service. Choose from several unique designs, and send your eCard to multiple friends at a time. Visit ecard.TheIsmaili.org to get started!
Scheduled to open in Toronto in the summer of 2014, the Aga Khan Museum has embarked on a tour to introduce itself in major American centres. As the first museum in North America dedicated to the Islamic Arts, it is using the opportunity to demonstrate that despite being separated by centuries of history, ancient works and the knowledge they carry within them, remain relevant to us today.
In July 2013, 64 students with roots in 13 countries gathered at the Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa to participate in Global Encounters, the first summer programme of its kind for Ismaili youth from around the world. Students engaged with pressing issues in global development, contended with real-world challenges, broadened their world views, built new friendships, and nurtured a sense of self-discovery.
The Great ShakeOut is an annual drill that teaches people around the world how to protect themselves in the event of an earthquake. The Aga Khan Development Network, which has been participating in the ShakeOut drill since 2011, drew more than 168 000 particpants last year, teaching them to DROP, COVER and HOLD ON when the earth begins to tremble.
Around the world
- Jamat and AKDN team up in response to flooding in Mozambique •
- Aga Khan Trust for Culture to revitalise Nairobi City Park •
- Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in Nairobi
- Well-rounded excellence at the core of the Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad •
- Humayun’s Tomb restoration a model of public-private partnership •
- Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in India; visits Sundar Nursery
- Ismaili Centre, Dubai hosts dialogue on social entrepreneurship •
- RAYS OF LIGHT radiates at the Ismaili Centre, Dubai •
- RAYS OF LIGHT to arrive at the Ismaili Centre, Dubai later this month
- Video: Aga Khan Award for Architecture reflective of Portuguese ‘world awareness’ says Mawlana Hazar Imam •
- Mawlana Hazar Imam in Lisbon for the 2013 Aga Khan Award for Architecture •
- Sustainability over spectacle: The Aga Khan Award for Architecture (Part 2)