On 26 March 2008, Mawlana Hazar Imam officially opened the Ismaili Centre, Dubai in the presence of His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum and His Highness Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, senior members of the ruling families of the United Arab Emirates. Hazar Imam was accompanied at the ceremony by Princess Zahra and Prince Rahim.
The Ismaili Centre, Dubai is comparable in scope and architectural standing to Ismaili centres in London, Vancouver and Lisbon. It is built on land that was donated by the Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, on the occasion of Mawlana Hazar Imam's Silver Jubilee in 1982.
Press release and speech
- Press release announcing the opening of the Ismaili Centre, Dubai
- Speech made by Mawlana Hazar Imam during the Opening Ceremony
- Architecture gallery
- Opening Ceremony gallery
- Golden Jubilee: Opening Ceremony gallery
- Golden Jubilee: The Ismaili Centre, Dubai gallery
- Golden Jubilee: Dubai Park gallery