1. Blend together the onion, breadcrumbs, garlic, ginger and coriander, either using a mixer or your hands.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, including meat and yoghurt. Mix and knead into a dough-like mixture.
3. Make 2-inch ball size pieces and spread them around a skewer, or roll out into mini sausages or into meat balls.
4. Bake on a rack for 15 minutes at 160°C, keeping a tray below to catch dripping fat.
5. Turn heat up to 175°C for another 2 minutes.
The kebabs can be prepared in larger quantities and shaped, frozen and cooked when needed. They can be cooked from frozen, but will require more time.